About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, September 30, 2016

The Missing "L"

I have an easy last name. It only has four letters but people still get it wrong. One of the letters appears twice. Friends that I have know for years address mail to me with only three letters. There used to be a mattress commercial whose telephone number was m-a-t-t-r-e-s. The slogan was "Leave off the last "S" for savings. In my case it is leave off the last "L". When I have to spell my last name for someone, I say the four letters and then the person looks up at me. I then say, "That's it". So my last name is, "ABCD that's it". People also pronounce it differently. Po-tay-to, po-tah-to. Here is the best part. Three of us in my family pronounce it one way and one of us says it the other way. Isn't that crazy. Or should I say "crazee".

No comments:

Post a Comment