About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Toning Up

Last night I took my second yoga class. I was able to do more last night than I did on Saturday. I guess my muscles were a bit looser. I realized that I have not really exercised since I was 15 years old. I hated gym class and made every excuse in the book to not participate. I think I said I had my period for 365 consecutive days. Since I am paying for these classes I am motivated to continue. The exercises are not hard, but they are stretching muscles that have been on vacation since 1972. The facility is run by a Korean woman who is kind and supportive. When she sees me struggle, she will come over and help me. She will massage my leg so I can hold a pose longer. She will tell me to do my best but not to overdo it as the strength will build up over time. This makes me want to try even harder. I will go again tonight and continue for five days a week until my one month membership is done. Then I will practice on my own. It is the best thing I have done for myself in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment