About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, April 6, 2019

37 cents

Every Friday, I take my father to his favorite bagel store, Bagelicious. We each have a bagel, share 1/4lb veggie cream cheese and 2 small coffees. Normally the bill is a bit over $10.00. Yesterday it was $9.27. My father wanted me to put it onto his credit card and when I did I saw a 37 cent fee charged. I asked why and was told that it is an under $10 credit card surcharge. No other stores do that. In this day and age, credit card use is more common than cash. It would be better off saying no credit cards under $10 than to have me pay your fee. I called the owner this morning and told him that I, and other people I have spoken to, will no longer go to him. We will drive a few minutes down the road to Bagel Cafe, where they do not put a surcharge on your meal. If he did the math, the loss in business for lunches, breakfasts and catering orders will far surpass the fee money in his pocket. My one lunch a week is $10 x 52 weeks = $520 a year. About 1 in 4 lunches are under $10 so there would be a fee up to 39 cents. 39c x 12 = $4.68. He is losing a $515.32 a year customer profit by being cheap. Sometimes cheap is expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment