About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Just Be Thankful

My boss is going on vacation today. When I left the office yesterday, I told her to have a good time. She looked at me and said, "How much fun can I have, I'm going with my mother". Her mother is 91 and still alert. She walks on her own without assistance. For some reason, her statement rubbed me the wrong way, as I no longer have a mother living on this Earth. I responded by saying that she should count her blessings that she still has a mother to travel with and that I would give anything to have my mother here for just one more day. Another worker chimed in that her mother is also 91 but has dementia and she too would love one more day with her mother prior to the dementia setting in. My boss said that she had not though about it that way as she has taken for granted the fact that she has what other people long for. She then said that she will have a great time on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment