About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Banking 101

There is a saying that things get worse before they get better. Dr. Crazy is leaving by May 31 and she is making sure that my staff will be mentally broken down by then. You know things are bad when they are smoking ecigarettes inside the office to calm down. I will draw the line when a bottle of bourbon appears. Yesterday the entire morning staff spent their time "finding" $2400 that the doctor said was missing. It was not. She just has no idea about banking and ledgers. Three people reviewed the "problem" and came to the same conclusion. The doctor is a moron. I will break down the dilema:

You deposit $24,000.
You write checks for $1,300
You have bank fees for $700
A patient check bounced for $400.

Now the doctor goes to the bank to withdraw $24,000 and is told the account only has $21,600. She is aghast. How could this be? Where is my money? She emails my boss, who calls the bookkeeper, who begins to cry and smoke, who alerts me, who involves the crazy lady's assistant. We had to make spread sheets and write letters to prove that the account balance was correct. All of this work and effort for nothing. Learn to balance your checkbook and there would have been no discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment