About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, April 8, 2019

On Call

When you have an elderly parent you are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Whether it is for something serious or mundane, you are always accessible to them. Sometimes they do not know if something is serious, so they call you to err on the side of caution. This morning at 5:42 am my phone rang. It was my father. As long as I heard his voice I was calm. That was a good sign. He had a slight problem in the middle of the night which was probably a fluke but he wanted me to know about it. Why I needed to know at 5:42 am was anyone's guess. I think he just wanted reassurance. He is getting up to start his day and go to dialysis and sounded fine so I am not worried. Until otherwise told, everything is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment