About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, April 12, 2019

Red Cement

I was dreaming about my parents house last night. I was a child in the little plastic swimming pool, splashing around. I could smell the scent of the cool hose water against the hot summer air. I looked down and saw the red cement. It was not actually red, it was pink, but the term for it was red cement. It was popular in the 1950's and 1960's. It was allowed in store fronts in New York City, if you had a permit for it. People carved scrolled designs into it to look fancy. In a way it was a predecessor to the paver blocks we use now. I have no idea where that thought came from. It was so random. It must have been hiding in a brain fold that contains happy childhood memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment