About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Behind The Scenes

People think that things magically happen behind the scenes. Meals "get made". Laundry "gets done". Holiday parties "are planned". Every year my office has a holiday party. My bookkeeper and I plan it, make sure all the foods are brought in and set the room up the morning of the party. This year someone had the bright idea of holding a meeting during the first hour of the party, in the party room. How do they think the room will be set up? Where do they think the tables and chairs will go? Where do we put the food when it arrives? I decided that the food will be dumped on the front office counter and when it is party time, people can get it themselves and sit wherever they want. Maybe then they will realize that a lot happens behind the scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment