About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Sheer Joy

Last night I saw sheer joy. My granddaughter was opening a few of her birthday gifts. Today at her party she will open the rest. Last year she was more interested in ripping the wrapping paper. This year she was more interested in what was inside the boxes. She opened a big box from my other son and daughter in law and waited for her father to take out the gift. As he lifted it out, her eyes opened wide. It was a pink Radio Flyer tricycle. All of a sudden she started jumping up and down squealing and clapping her hands. I have never seen a child more excited. It was as if she wanted this bike all of her life and here it was. She sat on it the rest of the night and when it was bedtime, she cried as it was put away. We did not capture her reaction on video as we never thought it would be so intense. I will have the picture of her sheer joy in my mind forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment