About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Snapshot

We live life as if we are in a video. There is constant movement and it is not easy to rewind. If we want to see a situation clearly, we need to separate it into snapshots. Time needs to stand still so we can soak in every nuance. The events that have taken place in New York for the past few weeks happened in fast forward mode. In order to see the truth, we need to stop the motion and scrutinize the still picture. When a whole is fragmented into pieces, each piece holds importance. As I read articles on the internet, I see the pictures that accompany them and then I can make my decision as to how I really feel. This morning I saw the picture of hundreds of police officers turning their backs on the mayor of New York as he spoke at a funeral. They were not only NY officers. I can tell from the uniforms. They were police and troopers from all over the country. What other people saw as disrespect, I saw as unity.

No comments:

Post a Comment