About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Forcing The Issue

Yesterday was a Nor'Easter. A heavy rain and wind storm that caused flooding. Many of my office's patients are elderly and do not drive well in a storm, so when it rains they cancel their appointments. My boss hates that since money is lost for the day. She told me to coax them into coming. Tell them that the rain was not so bad. Tell them that everyone else was coming. Make them feel guilty about cancelling their appointments. I heard what she wanted me to do but I would not do it. When each patient called to cancel, I told them that their safety was the most important thing and that it was fine that they were staying home. I will not compromise my ethics for someone else's greed.

No comments:

Post a Comment