About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, August 17, 2018

Aretha

Aretha Franklin died yesterday. I cried. I am not a fan of celebrities. I have no favorite actors. If I saw one on the street I would walk by unfazed. They are just people who do their job. To me, Aretha was different. Since my mother passed away, one of her songs holds a special place in my heart. So much so, that I have the title engraved on a charm and wear it on my bracelet. It started off as a freakish thing. The song repetitively played at special moments during the first month my mother was gone. It was as if she was letting me know she was in heaven and doing well. I know this sounds odd, but whomever I tell the circumstances to, agrees. Some things cannot be explained. They just "are". We need to take them at face value and not overthink them. Aretha Franklin's voice brought joy to many people and she will be missed. I pray that she rests in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment