About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Semantics

I have been "negotiating" with Hewlett Packard over a broken work printer. I bought it 5 months ago and it has been giving us trouble since we bought it. I have a one year manufacturer's warranty and purchased a second extended warranty. I called Staples and they said to call the extended carrier. I called them and they said to call HP. I called HP and they did internal diagnostics. After an hour, the printer worked again but the next day it was erratic. I called HP to tell them that it was not working. The first rep told me all they could do was try again. I asked for a supervisor. The supervisor said I could get a refurbished unit in exchange. I said I wanted a new one. Mine was only 5 months old and on a one year manufacturers warranty. He said refurbished was "new". I said refurbished was someone else's broken model that had been worked on. If I wanted a refurbished printer I would have bought one in the beginning for half the price. He then said that the warranty says they will send refurbished. I told him to email the wording to me. When I read it, it said "either a new or a refurbished replacement". I read the wording to him and then said that I am choosing the "new" option. He had no rebuttal. The case is now kicked up to the corporate office and I will get a call within 2 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment