About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Time Management

If people spent as much time doing the job, instead of wasting it talking about why they cannot do the job, things would get done. We have a new maintenance man at work. I should say maintenance kid. He is in his mid twenties with little experience. He is the son of the management company's supervisor so that is why he was hired. He explains every job that he does for us, step by step as he does it, as if he wants us to know that he is doing it right. This doubles the time he spends at the job making his day longer and harder to handle. There was a ceiling leak last week and the ceiling tile needed to be replaced. On Monday, the kid came in to explain that he was very busy at the building across the street so the tile could not be replaced until Tuesday. I said okay. Yesterday he came in to the office to say that the tile would not be replaced until Wednesday as he was still very busy with problems across the street. I told him that in the time he spent for two days telling me what he cannot do, he could have done it. I also said that he was going to replace the tile now. No more procrastinating. He looked like a scared rabbit. He left the office, got the tile and put it up, all within five minutes. Job done and hopefully a lesson learned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment