About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, August 18, 2018

In The Moment

I am trying to live in the moment. This is the philosophy of Buddha. If you dwell on the past and worry about the future, you will have stress in your life. It is unrealistic to not think about things that have been done or things that will happen next. The idea is not to dwell or worry. Be engaged in the moment. If you are with people, enjoy the conversation. If you are eating, taste each bite. Give time to the things at hand. That is the problem with most people. We are always trying to be a step ahead. I just read an article about how the brain works. While many people think that multitasking is a good thing, it is actually detrimental to your brain.Your brain cannot do two things at one. The best it can do is flip from one thing to another. Each task actually takes longer and increases stress levels. I am making a concerted effort to change the way I live. It is not easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment