About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, August 31, 2018

Busy Body

I was in the town pool yesterday when a woman swam over to me and my sister. She was a very pleasant person who joined our conversation. She was from a neighboring town and was not a pool regular. One of our other friends had left our "circle" to talk to someone else she knew. As we continued to speak to the woman she asked us a question about new land development in the town. No one knew the answer as it was in the very early stages. As a joke, we said that if anyone had the information, the woman who just swam away did. She is the eyes of the town. She knows the business owners by name. I am living here 36 years and do not know the name of the kosher butcher or bagel store owner. The new lady paddled over to the town busy body and we heard her ask about the land development. Within one moment, she was informed about the specifications of the buildings and given the developer's name. How did she know this? The land was just sold two weeks ago.  Isn't it amazing how some people make it their business to know the town gossip.

No comments:

Post a Comment