About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Children Know Best

My parents are at the age when they are ready to let my sister and myself take over the reigns. After 89 years of being at the helm, they are relinquishing power to the younger generation. We promised them that we would use sensible judgement, but they already knew that. They also have the power to veto the decisions. They are totally comfortable with this new arrangement. Even though  I am the younger generation to my parents, I am the older generation to my children. The other day my oldest son called me and told me where and when I was going on vacation. He decided that I was going to Cape Cod, the second week of August. He told me where I was staying and what I would be eating. He wants a family vacation with his family, us and his in laws. I am so glad he made that decision for me. I booked a room and am counting the days till then. Sometimes you just need your children to do the thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment