About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Coupon

My local Stop and Shop grocery sends out coupons every few weeks. They give a four week series that entitles you to a free item each week and $5 off your order of $50 or more. Since my son lives in the same neighborhood, he also receives the coupons but gives them to me. He does not shop there. As I was waiting to check out my order last Friday, I realized that I had two sets of coupons for the $5 off. The woman ahead of me had a large order so I asked her if she had a $5 off coupon. She said "no". I said "now you do". She said "thanks!". When the cashier finished her order and it was time to pay, she asked the woman if she had any coupons. The woman answered "no". No? I just gave you one. Then I thought that maybe within two minutes she forgot what I gave her. It was odd that she said no, as the coupon was only good for another day and the woman had such a large order that I did not think she would come back to the store for at least a few days. She bagged her groceries and as she was ready to walk away she turned to me and said "thanks so much, again, for the coupon". I will never understand people.

No comments:

Post a Comment