About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Fashionista

My mother is a "Fashionista". She is 89 years old and still has the best sense of style. One of her favorite things to do is go shopping. TJ Maxx and Marshall's are her stores of choice. She can go there a few times a week and always find beautiful outfits. My dad will sit in the car and wait for her. She walks a bit slow these days, but when she reaches the threshold of a clothes store, she takes off like a race horse. She can navigate the racks like a pro. She will buy the outfit and then match the shoes and a bag. When she gets home she will lay them out on the bed and make sure she really likes them. If not, back they go and another round of shopping begins. Her closet is stuffed with clothes and the shoe boxes are piled high. Sometimes I raid her closet and take home some of her cast offs. It makes me smile to see that at her age, her appearance still matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment