About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Figuratively Speaking

I have a friend who goes to a doctor a few times a year. Some doctors are just more personable than others and build a rapport with their patients. This doctor always talks about his wife and how feisty she is. He says that in the office he is the boss, but at home she is the boss. He always says that his wife's favorite expression is, "If you don't do what I want, I will kick your ass". Every time he says that, he laughs. After years of going to this doctor, my friend found out why the doctor laughs when he says this. My friend met the doctor and his wife at a local store and was surprised to see that she was in a wheelchair. She has diabetes and had both legs amputated. When she says she will kick his ass, it is meant figuratively, but with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment