About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Count Your Blessings

Last night I babysat for my grandson. Since Saturday evening is the one night of the week that I eat out, he came along. I do not look old but I do not look like I am the mother of a 3 month old baby. I strolled him into the restaurant and we were seated almost immediately. At one point the baby needed to be fed, so I took him out of the stroller and fed him as he sat on my lap. I heard the people behind me say he was so cute. After he was fed, I put him back in the stroller to sleep. At that point, two women came over to me. They looked about 60 years old. They said, "We just have to tell you that you are the luckiest people in the world". I said, "Thank you, we really are lucky". After they walked away, I thought about the meaning of what she said. Were we lucky to have such a beautiful child or did she think we were blessed because we had him "later in life"? I will never know the intent of her statement, but it was still a nice thing to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment