About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, July 7, 2013

The White Tee Shirt

There are many technological inventions through the years, but yesterday a plain white tee shirt did what no other fancy invention could. When I go to the town pool, I always take a whit tee shirt. Since I have sensitive skin but hate the slimy feeling of suntan lotion, I put on a white tee shirt when I am in the sun or swimming in a pool. My children never went without one when they were young. It was a brutally hot day yesterday and my daughter in law and grandson met us at the pool. As soon as she was done feeding him, she realized that it was too hot for him, even sitting under an awning. I felt bad that she was going to leave and go home, so I told her to just jump in the pool for five minutes and cool down. I told her that I would wrap the baby in a soaking wet tee shirt and cool him down until she was out of the pool. I dipped my white tee shirt into the water and then wrapped it around the baby from head to toe with only his face showing. Within two minutes he looked so happy and content. He was smiling and looking around. His skin temperature was now cool. My daughter in law said she would stay a bit longer as long as he was ok. Every 15 minutes we re-wet the tee shirt and re-wrapped him.. He could not have been happier. They stayed until 4pm when he needed to be fed again. We had a wonderful day all because of the plain white tee shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment