About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Not My Problem

As I get older, I get more tolerant. As I get older, I get less tolerant. It depends on the issue at hand. I am more tolerant for the elderly. I am more tolerant for children. I am more tolerant for daily living situations. I have realized with age that things that held great importance to me when I was young, were not really that important. I guess that is what the progression of life is all about. Aging is a learning process that never ends. As we learn more we do better. At 20 years old, I did 20. At 30 years old, I did 30. And so on and so on. As I knew better, I did better. I also learned along the way, that sometimes other people's problems must remain just that. Other people's problems. I have, or should I say had, a friend whose husband is moody and unpleasant. For over twenty years, our group of friends has catered to his moodiness. When we got together, we would ask each other, "Is it a good day or is it a bad one"? After one too many times of having "hello" grunted to me, I decided to walk away and never look back. Unfortunately, as I walk away from my friend's husband, I must also walk away from her. I have realized that he is not my family and I can no longer tolerate such poor behavior. Many others in my group of friends have done the same. Maybe when he realizes that he is the last man standing, he will go for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment