About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My Morning Donut

Yesterday morning I woke up and got ready for work. I left the house at 7am and within five minutes I had a donut in my hand. Not the sweet variety that comes with coffee. It was the rubber kind. The one that you drive on when you have a flat tire. Yes, I had a flat tire. I saw it when I was getting into my car. My good mood turned bad, very quickly. My entire day would be thrown off. I went back inside and woke up my husband. He changed the tire in the middle of the street and put it into my trunk. I drove around the corner and dropped it off at the gas station and continued on to work. I could not drive over 50 miles per hour on the donut, so I took the streets for 20 miles. After work, I had a doctor's appointment even farther away, so again, I took the streets for another 25 miles. After the appointment, I drove back to the gas station where they put the patched tire on my car and returned the donut to the trunk, where I hope it will remain forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment