About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Go To Gal

I once worked for an employer that used to call me the "go to gal". Whenever there was a problem that needed to be solved, the office people would ask me. If I did not have the answer, I learned it. I never liked to say "I don't know". Even thought I was a go to gal there, I have a friend who is my go to gal. I met her when my children were babies. Her oldest child was four years older then my oldest son. When I needed to know about nursery school, I asked her. When I needed to get information about which elementary school teacher was good, I asked her. The same was true for junior high and high school. When college essays needed to be written, her input was requested. When my parents needed advice on Medicare, I asked her. She was the person I put as a reference on all of my job applications. Now, as I have grandchildren, I still find myself on the other end of the receiving line. When I needed a play mat, I asked her. When I needed a high chair, I asked her. Every group of friends has that one person you can always rely on when you need her. Thanks, Susan.

No comments:

Post a Comment