About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Unfit Outfit

The other day I had to attend a ceremony at a local church. I am not Christian and had only been in a church once before. I was not sure of the dress code and did not want to look out of place. I wore a dress and heels, not only to look presentable, but also to show respect to another religion. I was quite surprised when I entered the sanctuary and saw people in shorts, old tee shirts and flip flops. Their attire showed such a lack of respect. If I, as a member of another religion, made the effort to dress in a conservative manner, why couldn't they? Have we become so lax as a society that we cannot even dress properly when we worship. When we go for a job interview, we would not go in shorts and a tee shirt. When we attend a wedding, we would not go in shorts and a tee shirt. I never saw anyone at a funeral in shorts and a tee shirt. Why do we not hold our places of worship to that standard?

No comments:

Post a Comment