About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Smiley Faces

I have a superstition. I am usually a concrete thinker but sometimes I resort to "magical thinking". I do this when I feel that I have no control over the situation. My superstition involves smiley faces. I choose a day on the calendar and draw a smiley face on it. Usually the date is months in advance. Some situations need time to straighten out. I just put a smiley face on June 1, 2016. My sister did this too. That is my target date for all things to be right. I know it makes no sense but neither does life. A few years ago, when my daughter in law was pregnant with my grandson, one screening test came out positive for deformities. My daughter in law was so upset. I took out my calendar and drew a smiley face on May 20, 2013. The baby was due June 15, 2013. I assured her that on May 20 she would be smiling. The test result turned out to be wrong but coincidentally the baby was born prematurely on April 18th. After spending a month in the NICU, he finally came home.....on May 20th. I stand by my smiley faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment