About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, December 18, 2015

Structure

Everyone needs structure. Structure is safe. Structure is less stressful. This week in my office, I am seeing how a lack of structure is leading to poor morale. I am in charge of the front staff. The lead doctor is in charge of the professional staff. There was never a clear plan as to what responsibilities the doctors have so it has become a a free for all. That is when I was asked to step in. I am the structure queen. I have begun to revamp the policies that were never really in place. I am setting guidelines and rules. Everyone will be clear as to what is needed to do. I spoke to each doctor to explain that things are changing and at first it may be upsetting, but after the routine is in place for a while they will settle in and things will run smoothly from then on. They all seemed relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment