About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Stigma

I have always felt a stigma about taking medication to go to sleep.I usually do not sleep more than three hours a night. I guess my body is used to that. On Sunday night I never fell asleep. I looked at the clock every hour. When my alarm went off at 6am I got up and went to work. I decided that last night, I would finally give in and take a sleeping pill that my doctor had prescribed for me. I swallowed the tiny pill and went to bed at 9pm. This morning I woke up to the alarm clock at 6am. I actually slept through the night. I had not done this for 35 years. This is what most people must do every day. To be truthful, I do not feel any more rested than usual, but it made the night go by faster. I will now put this on my "occasional" list if I am ever up all night again.

No comments:

Post a Comment