About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Car Cation

I feel exhausted as if I just came back from a vacation road trip. Last night we drove to Staten Island in search of a perfect car. As usual all that glitters is not gold and something on paper is different than something in reality. We got on the road at about 5pm to look at a car that was located after the first exit over the Verrazano Bridge. Unfortunately after we exited the parkway, we still had a half hour ride. The traffic was horrendous and we actually had to stop at a gas station to use the bathroom. After a two hour ride, we arrived at the house where the car was and as we drove up my husband said, "I don't like that color. It looked different online. I do not want this car". We got out and "faked" enthusiasm so we did not insult the car's owner. We stayed for 7 minutes and got back into the car for another 1 1/2 ride home. Except for a 7 minute break, I was in the car for almost 4 hours. I could have been to Boston. He still does not have a car and has no real prospects as the one car he might want to see has a crazy owner who we don't want to deal with. Three down, who knows how many more to go .

No comments:

Post a Comment