About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, August 1, 2016

Dr. Seuss

Even though it was cloudy yesterday we went to the town pool. Rather than sitting at home we would be with other people socializing. We were having a conversation about charity events and one woman said that she was the chairperson for a painting party. We talked about what she needed to do to put the event together. She said she had everything set except that people would need to bring their own smocks. Then she said that her daughter suggested that she buy a box of smocks and give them out. In the course of the conversation she must have said "a box of smocks" ten times. Every time she said it, it sounded weirder and weirder.To my ears "a box of smocks" became "a box a smox". It sounded like a line from a Dr. Seuss book.  All I was hearing was "blah blah blah a box a smox". I started to laugh and everyone looked at me. I told them what I was laughing at and then they started to say "a box a smox". Some words just take on a life of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment