About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

On Paper

On paper, everything looks great. I am realizing that even more since my husband is looking for a car. Last night we drove 30 miles to see a car that looked great on paper. When we got there reality set in. While the body of the car looked nice, the front seat was all ripped and cracked. The owner knew nothing about the car he owned for 22 years. He never knew that the spare tire was under the car. He could not remember his last oil change. He did not think he ever had it tuned up. When my husband asked for a test drive, the man jumped in the drivers seat and took him for a ride. The car felt ok. When my husband asked to drive the car, the man looked uncomfortable. My husband drove the car one block and could feel the rattling underneath him. He told the man that he was not interested in the car and we drove home. Had he not seen it with his own eyes, he would have thought that the car was fantastic. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but reality is worth a million.

No comments:

Post a Comment