About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Comparison Shopping

I was shopping at a baby store the other day when I noticed an item that I wanted to buy. It was a special kind of pillow that has become very popular over the past few years. The pillow was $59.99. I thought that I had seen the same pillow at another baby store for $54.99. I did not buy it at the first store as I wanted to save a few dollars and the two stores are only 1/2 mile away from each other. I went to the second store, only to find that the pillow was now $64.99. I called over the manager and told him that the other store had the item for less and asked if he would match the price. He said he would but I would need to go to that store and bring him a circular showing the price. I told him that it was online for the lower price also, so couldn't we look it up so he could see. He said he needed the circular. I then said that if I have to go to the other store to get a circular, why wouldn't I just buy it there. He looked stumped. I thanked him for his time and went back to the original store and bought the pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment