About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

De Coding

Our government has taken over healthcare and it is not a good thing. HMO's and locked in plans are being forced upon us and with that comes a decrease in fees that are paid to the doctors. I know that in previous years doctors fees were a bit over inflated but now things have reversed. Office visits that Medicare used to pay $130 for are now being paid at the rate of $64. Considering our level of inflation, that is an unfair schedule. Doctors are now trying to interpret the coding rules in order to get a higher reimbursement. My employer wants me to follow what the others are doing. I refused. If my name is attached to the billing records, I will only bill what is correct. No deviations. I explained that yesterday, in no uncertain terms. Taking a risk, for a higher payout, is never worth it in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment