About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, January 4, 2013

Two Slices

I just came home from a local deli named The Meadow Dairy. They have lost me as a customer, forever, over 2 slices of cheese. I have been going there for 30 years and continued going there when the new owners took over about 6 years ago. Here is what led to my boycott: I went to get lunch and ordered 2 sandwiches. I also ordered 2 buttered rolls. Then it happened...I asked for 1/8 lb of Swiss cheese. The owner said, "No". Huh? No? I said, "You won't give me 1/8 lb of cheese?"  He said, "No, I will only sell you 1/4 lb". Had I not been in a rush, I would have put down all of my items and walked out. The other worker behind the counter looked at me and said he would give me the 1/8 lb. The owner then chimed in, Only this one time". I took my order and went to the counter to pay. I then said, In this economy, with businesses failing, you would lose a customer over 2 slices of cheese?" His wife, who was also behind the counter started to stare at the wall. I then told her that the least I would expect from anyone is for them to have the courtesy to look me in the eyes when I speak. I paid and took my bag and as I left I told them goodbye.....forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment