About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, May 17, 2015

I Scream For Ice Cream

When I was a child there was a saying "I scream for ice cream". It still holds true. There is an ices store on Long Island called Ralph's. It is a chain of stores that is only open from March to November. They serve homemade ices in many creative flavors. My favorites are peppermint patty and rum raisin. My first experience with Ralph's was after visiting my grandson in the ICU just after he was born. After each we went across the street for ices. It gave a happy ending to a stressful night. Now, my grandson is included in the Ralph's experience. Last night as we pulled up to the store, he screamed, "Ices"! Each person chose their flavors. He got red velvet and cookies and cream. We had lids put on them to eat at home. As we pulled away from the store, he started to scream for his ices. He is not a screamer, but the sounds he was making were ear piercing. His mother opened his container and started to feed him. He kept saying, "Mmmm" as each bite went into his mouth. When we arrived at his house, his mother closed the container in order to take him out of the car seat. The screeching started again. He cried as she unlatched him and took him out of the car. As he walked up the path to his house he stopped and looked back. The crying ended as he yelled, "Bye bye Gamma, Bye bye Gamma". As upset as he was having to wait for the remainder of his ices, he still had the manners to give me a proper goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment