About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, May 14, 2015

The Color Lilac

I have been driving to work on the same road for eleven years. Eleven winters, eleven springs, eleven summers and eleven autumns. I thought I knew every inch of the parkway. I could tell you what exit I was at just from looking at the side of the road. Yesterday morning as I was driving, I spotted something new. Right before the exit I get off, I saw something totally unexpected. I saw lilac trees. One patch of them,  about 50 feet wide and 30 feet high. I had never noticed them before. They had to have been there for years. Were they planted or did they just grow from seeds being blown in the wind? They were so pretty and colorful. A splash of purple surrounded by a sea of green.

No comments:

Post a Comment