About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, May 31, 2015

An Opinion Can't Be Wrong

My sister told me a funny story this morning. The other day she was walking in Queens and passed two brothers and their father. The boys looked about six years old and were pushing and shoving each other. One boy kept saying, "An opinion can't be wrong. It is a feeling. You can't tell me I am wrong if it is my opinion". The other brother then shoved him and said, "You're wrong". The first brother repeated that an opinion can't be wrong because it is a feeling. Opinions can't be wrong. The other brother shoved him again, saying, "You're wrong". My sister watched as they did this back and forth banter all the way down the block. At six years old, this little boy was right. An opinion can't be wrong. It is a thought, a feeling, an opinion. It is not a fact. A fact needs to be right. An opinion doesn't. How many times have we fought about a subject and not resolved it? Most arguments are conflicting opinions. We all have the right to our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment