About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, May 24, 2015

The Thunderbirds

Every Memorial Day weekend there is an air show at Jones Beach. My husband wanted to go see it but I did not want to. The show started at noon and people arrive about 9am and wait. The parking lots are full and if you do find a space it is a long walk. Then you have to sit on the sand. He thinks that he can arrive at 11:59 and a prime parking space will be waiting for him. I am a realist. I came up with a contingency plan. There is a local park that borders the water, about four miles away. I thought that if we go there, we could still see the show. We arrived at 1:30pm. The park was pretty empty. We walked to the water and found a bench to sit on. My husband took out his binoculars. Within five minutes we heard a roar. The Thunderbird planes flew over our heads in formation. They then did their air show right in front of us. Up and down, figure eights, smoke, fireworks. We saw it all as if it was a private show. What good timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment