About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, May 22, 2015

What's The Rush

We are remodeling our small bathroom. Most people enjoy remodels. I hate them. That is why I try not to do any. It is not that I do not like new things, it is the aggravation associated with it. My husband does things in his own way. Workers like to start a job at 7am. My husband likes to start at 7pm. Other workers end a job at 5pm. My husband finishes at 5am. Last night he decided that the bathroom must be completed I n one night. At 5pm he told my son to come over and help. My son and my grandson arrived at 5:30 to start putting down the ceramic floor. As they walked in, I told them that my husband thought it would be a good idea to paint the room first. This was his plan. He would paint the 4x4 room, ceiling and trim, two coats, then cut and install molding, lay the tile floor and grout it, all within three hours. That is insane. How can you work in a small room that is freshly painted? I told my son that if he had any love in his heart for me, he would go along with this moronic plan. He did. At ten pm my daughter in law came to get the baby and said that she expected my son home within one hour. Good thing she did that. By 11pm, the paint was dry, the molding cut but not installed, and the tile floor laid but not grouted. My husband will finish this morning and install the sink and toilet later. I slept in my son's old bedroom and have no idea when the cleanup ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment