About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, June 1, 2015

The We of Me

Years ago I heard an expression, "The we of me". To put it simply, it means that when more than one person is supposed to be involved in something the word "we" is intended to mean both of them, but in reality the "we" turns onto only one of the people. It can be used as a selfless act or a selfish one. Here are two examples. If an insurance company pays the wrong amount on a claim "we" need to call them. How come only one us is on the phone for an hour while the other one is scrolling on eBay? If we are remodeling a bathroom and "we" need to stay within a budget, how come one of us is running the numbers while the other one is scrolling on eBay? I used to know someone who called her husband Mr. Will. His real name was Charlie. Every time something needed to be done he said, "We'll do it". Hence, the name Mr. Will.

No comments:

Post a Comment