About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Breaking Up

Yesterday I broke up with my contractor. He finished my bathroom and the workmanship was perfect. It exceeded any expectations I had. Everything I wanted and more. He showed up every day and worked a full day. He never asked for money until the job was done. The reason I broke up with him is that he lacked time management skills. If he said he would be here at 9am, he would arrive at noon. If he said he would be here at 2pm that meant 5. One night 6pm turned into 9. I would have to call him repeatedly and ask where he was. He would say that he will be there in an hour and not show up until 4 hours later. Yesterday was the last straw. Since the bathroom was done, we were moving onto painting. He said he would be here at 9am sharp. At 11am I called to see where he was. No answer. I texted and no response for an hour, then he wrote back the following message, "My phone fell into the pool so I can't call to tell you I won't be there today. Sorry". Did he text me from underwater? Anyhow, I hired a new guy that will be here 9am Tuesday. He is an older man and seems reliable. The first guy has no idea he lost the job. When he calls, I will not answer. I have nothing to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment