About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Entitled

I do not like people that feel they are entitled to things. No one is better than the next person. I treat everyone alike. The people that feel they are most entitled are doctor's wives. Not the doctor's. Their wives. Just yesterday, I had a patient's mother call me upset that we were charging for two missed appointments. The first one she cancelled five minutes prior to the appointment and rescheduled for the next day. The next day she never showed up and when we called her, she said she was too tired from a concert the previous evening. That is when she was charged for both days. I run a psychology practice and each appointment is one hour. If you cancel, the doctor sits for one hour doing nothing and another patient that needed the appointment time misses out. That is why I have a strict 24 hour cancellation policy. I make exceptions for sickness and emergencies. When I told the woman that the charges were still due she said, "My husband is a doctor". I ignored that statement the first time. Then she said she was never told about the policy. I informed her that she signed a paper acknowledging the rule. She said she never reads before she signs. I told her that is not a wise practice. She then threw in the "doctor's wife" card and this time I addressed it. I told her that if her husband is a doctor, she should realize the importance of patient's keeping their appointments or cancelling in advance. The charges are valid.

No comments:

Post a Comment