About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Just Toss

Since we are redoing the house, all of the junk we have collected over the years must be thrown out. There is no longer room in the basement to be a catch all for everything we want to hold on to. Most of us will just relocate our things until we are forced to get rid of them. The time for me to do that has come this week. Last night we went downstairs to begin the daunting task of weeding out the unnecessary items. I implemented a new rule. If it is in a bag or box that has been hiding for years and we have no idea what is in it, toss it out. Sight unseen. If I haven't missed it in all these years, it must not be important. My husband found it difficult to do that until he saw how much time he was wasting scrutinizing every piece of junk. Grab and toss, grab and toss. I feel cleansed.

No comments:

Post a Comment