About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, June 19, 2015

Double Booked

I am double booked. Of all the weekends in the year, I have a conflict and have to undo it. I planned a retirement party for next weekend and my husband bought show tickets without asking me first. I then had a choice to have a party without my younger son or lose the ticket money. My husband voted for the party without his son. I voted for losing the tickets. It became a battle of the wills until my older son got involved. He is a calm person that tells it like it is. He never raises his voice. He says what he has to and walks away. He called my husband and asked him, "What is more important? Your son or your tickets"? One simple question. One simple answer. After a brief moment, my husband realized that his son being there was the most important thing. Now I need to get rid of the "Happy Together Tour" tickets. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment