About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Dual Wishes

The other day my sister went to the store to buy a retirement card for my husband. She picked up a card and then realized that she chose the wrong one. Instead of saying "Happy Retirement", it said "With Deepest Sympathy". That got me thinking. There should be a dual greeting. It should say "With Deepest Sympathy on your Husband's Retirement". This retirement thing is for the birds. A healthy person now stays at home doing nothing productive. You are not in camp. This is not a free for all. For us working people, a spouse's retirement is hell at its lowest level. There is nothing to do but find nonsensical things to dwell on. I am two weeks and counting. Xanax, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment