About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Man Plans

"In his heart a man plans his course but the Lord determines his step". (Proverbs 16:9) For weeks I have planned my husband's retirement dinner. I redid everyone's schedules to make sure that my both sons would be there. It was not an easy task. Last night my older son called me to say that due to work responsibilities, he would not be coming. He felt worse about it than I did and I felt as bad as I could. All of my plans were for nothing. The dinner would still be missing an important person. My parents have not seen their great granddaughter for months and in my mind seeing her was more important than the retirement. I am a spiritual person and never question fate. There is a reason for everything even if I do not understand it at the moment. Maybe I am not meant to understand. Later in the evening, my son called so I could Skype with my granddaughter. He knew that was what I needed. Hopefully this evening we can do the same with my parents. The party will go on, just not as I wished it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment