About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, July 3, 2015

Call Waiting

Years ago the call waiting feature was offered on our telephones. It was a slightly extra charge. I can vividly remember the commercial for it. There was a young girl standing in the rain with a flat tire, calling home. Her mother was sitting in an easy chair talking on the phone. The call waiting beep is heard and the mom takes the daughter's call. She then goes to help her. That commercial made every parent think. What if that was my child? Most of us then added the feature. Call waiting now comes free on all services including cell phones and now it is coupled with called ID, so we can see whose call we are taking or rejecting. There is a pecking order of importance when it comes to caller ID. Solicitor calls are always rejected. Pecking order starts after that. Who is more important the who? Yesterday, I was on the phone with my younger son, when my older son beeped into his brother's call. Within a split second my younger son hung up on me. I saw that his brother's call was more important than mine. I was glad that was the choice he made.

No comments:

Post a Comment