About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Gossip Girl

I once knew of someone that worked in an office that had a no gossip policy. You had to sign a paper that if you were found gossiping you could lose your job. That sounds a bit outlandish but in a way it is not a terrible idea. My morning receptionist has been on vacation this week. When I leave for vacation, I never think of what is going on in the office. Isn't that what vacation is for? Yesterday I received a text from her asking how the office was getting along without her. I said we were doing fine. She asked if anything was new. I said everything was status quo. She said that something must have gone wrong. I said no. About an hour later I received a text from my afternoon receptionist saying that the other woman keeps texting her asking what went wrong. She wrote back that everything was fine. Then the woman started to call. The girl was afraid to answer the phone because she did not know what to say. I told her to answer the phone, say everything was good and tell the woman to enjoy her vacation instead of worrying about what she was missing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment