About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, July 6, 2015

Stand By or Stand Up

I am at the age where I will no longer stand by silently and not speak my mind. If you have the right to speak, so do I. Yesterday I was at the town pool with people that I have not seen for a year. One woman there is outspoken in an obnoxious way. She will yell at stranger's children and scream if people play music too loudly. Her communication skills are extremely poor. A group of us went into the water and as we stood there talking, she started to point to a woman sitting on the deck. I knew what was coming. She began to say that the woman was "too fat to wear a bathing suit". As soon as those words came out of her mouth, I told her that I would not stand there and listen to her criticize anyone. That woman is someone's daughter, mother, friend and I bet she is a wonderful person, so who are you to say such things about anyone. Everyone standing with us agreed with me. She told me to stop acting like a life coach. I said it had nothing to do with being a life coach but everything to do with being a decent human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment